Monday, November 19, 2007

Stretch-Yer-Belly-Fest 2007 is behind us

We fried 12 turkeys in about 6 hours. Wow!

A couple of suggestions I have for you:
1- Calibrate your thermometers early. Bring a sucean of water to boil. Your thermometer should read 212. If not, then adjus your thermometer or keep doing the math.

2- For my cooker, I found that 3 minutes per pound was perfect. Ny longer and I tended to over cook. If you calibrate your thermometer and drop the turkey in at the same temperature each time, you can regulate doneness by cooking time. You can always throw it back in for more...

3- Don't wear crocs or other open shoes when frying turkeys.

4- Injection, marinating and brining are all unnecessary. Don't be afraid to fry your turkey plain. No nuthin. All 12 of ours were awesome.

I had a blast. And I have a bunch of leftovers. oof.
See you next year.

Joe Barfield

No comments: